Are you our next venue manager?
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Venue Manager, The Spire.
This is a permanent part-time position.
Start date: June 15, 2022
Salary: $39,000 – $47,000 year plus benefits
Application deadline: 4 p.m., May 15, 2022.
Inquiries and applications may be sent to: Kenn Doerksen at:
The Spire is hiring a Venue Manager
Do you have successful experience in event development and facility operations management? Are you knowledgeable of arts organizations and other non-profit groups in Kingston and area? Do you work well with committed staff, colleagues, volunteers, and building users? Are you looking for a challenging position for 30 hours per week with employee benefits?
We are looking for the right person to play a key part in the growth and success of The Spire, as it continues to expand its role as a community hub. The Spire is: home to community-based social and arts organizations, as well as the Congregation; a community meeting and event space; and a performance centre for concerts. Our chosen candidate will become the ‘face’ of The Spire, developing and nurturing relationships with present and future users.
We expect our Venue Manager will:
- be familiar with: building maintenance; contract management (negotiations, finances, implementation); space planning; audio-visual equipment; and social media;
- have demonstrated positive experience in managing staff and working cooperatively with building users, colleagues, and volunteer governance;
- oversee the management of the building and ensure its compliance with all safety regulations;
- manage the conversions of the venue between events, often on nights and weekends;
- have enthusiasm for the role of this historic building in our community.
- Certificate/degree in Arts Organization Management, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the performing arts community
- Minimum three years relevant experience
A complete job description is available at:
The Spire has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We value the insights and innovation that diverse team members bring to our workplace. Everyone who applies for this role will be given consideration; however, only those who are short-listed will be invited for an interview.
Applications will be accepted until 4 p.m., May 15, 2022.
Questions and applications may be sent to: Kenn Doerksen at: