Support The Spire
The Spire has been home to Cantabile Choirs from the beginning, more than twenty years ago. We love the clear and reverberant acoustics. The semi-circular configuration of the sanctuary with its spacious gallery and radiating aisles offers unique opportunities for staging and choral work. Our audiences love the warm and intimate feeling of the hall. We are thrilled that Friends of The Spire have a vision and plan to preserve and enhance this precious venue.
In the initial phase of this campaign, Friends raised over $600,000 from congregational members and close to $100,000 in grants for the project. The goal for the Community Campaign is an additional $1,000,000. We are seeking support for:
1. At least $300,000 in expendable gift support over the next 12 months to complete the immediate capital improvements to the building.
2. At least $700,000 to establish the endowment fund that will support the long-term preservation and enhancement of the building. This fund will be managed by the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area, which will ensure that the investment is managed and expended in accordance with the donor agreement.
The Friends of the Spire have:
- A vision for a barrier-free, self-sustaining community centre that will ensure this building continues to serve as a vibrant cultural, social and community resource
- A detailed assessment of the work required
- A business plan to ensure long-term viability of The Spire
- A tested management structure that draws on community expertise and networks to build the The Spire’s presence and impact over time
- A pool of lead donors who have already pledged 40% of the target to ensure the success of the campaign
Donations to The Spire can be made through CanadaHelps or the Kingston Community Foundation. For information about other methods, please contact Bruce Hutchinson at Friends of the Spire (email@example.com).
I fully support the efforts of SSUC as they seek external funding to make the building more accessible with the installation of an elevator. SSUC is an organization that is clearly determined to make the operation of their building sustainable, while being focused on serving the broader community through social justice and the arts.
As a small theatre organization, SSUC’s upper floor space was the only affordable downtown venue for our performance of Luminous Clouded Titan. We chose to carry two audience members upstairs in wheelchairs in order for them to experience our show…The proposed accessible entrance and elevator is a much needed upgrade that would greatly benefit groups like ours and our audience alike.